Message from the Director
MGPS believes keeping the school environment safe allows children to look forward to a better and promising future and promotes social and creative learning. A safe learning environment is essential for students of all ages, and without it, they cannot focus on learning the skills needed for a successful education and future.
When their basic safety needs aren’t met, children are at risk of not feeling comfortable at school or remaining on edge throughout the day. Promoting school safety creates an open space for kids to explore, learn and grow. Our core committee staff responsible for ensuring school safety are highly qualified, perfectly trained, and well-knitted with the school routines, making it naturally easy to help develop and nurture your child in the best possible ways. Our team has immense experience in caring for young children and working closely with them to provide a more comfortable environment for them.
These are some key points that we follow in MGPS to ensure safety and security :
- Limit entryways to school buildings. Mark the main entry to the school and post signs on other entries redirecting visitors to the main entrance.
- Monitor and supervise common student areas such as hallways, cafeterias, and playgrounds. Video surveillance in all the common areas is available to record anything.
- All round duty throughout the day by the school administration team and the security guards.
- Provide threat-assessment and risk-assessment procedures and teams for conducting them.
- We continuously update the school emergency plans and preparedness procedures, such as fire evacuations and emergency communications protocols. The school admin team regularly reviews plans, holds simulation drills, and trains staff to respond to student’s questions.
- Keep unoccupied rooms and spaces locked when not in use.
- Create a safe, supportive school climate that provides school-wide behavioural expectations, workshops, positive interventions and supports, and psychological and counselling services to students and to parents to have a safe and secure being of the child.