Preventive Safety - Life Skills
Safety has always been our primary focus on the holistic development of a child and we have been tirelessly improving our practice in this area. After all there’s no room for errors when it comes to protecting our children therefore, safety education has to be effective with an accurate structured and comprehensive source of content covering every aspect of a child’s safety. For this reason, we embarked on MOE approved Kidproof’s Protect Ed preventative safety education because it is a critical component of childhood development covering all the themes a child needs to stay safe and grow up to be a responsible citizen.
Through the Protect ED programme students’ progress through a series of non-threatening safety, health and well-being lessons over the academic year.
Subjects covered include:
- Physical Safety: home safety, fire, electricity, poison, gun safety, playground safety, safety outside home, during activities, road safety, bicycle/bus/car safety, emergency response, first aid, etc.
- Personal Safety: safety around people and situations. Prevention of being lost, of kidnappings, of sexual abuse, of domestic abuse. Learning how to set boundaries, to deal with peer pressure situations, or to deal with strangers, etc.
- Good Citizenship, Ethics and Anti-Bullying.
- Internet and Technology Safety.
- Emotional Safety: self-esteem, body image, core values, assertiveness vs. aggressiveness, media awareness, anger management, conflict resolution skills, effective communication, confidence building, etc.
- Healthy Living: nutrition, exercise, drugs/ alcohol/ tobacco prevention, leadership, goal setting, time & stress management, personal motivation skills, CV building, choosing a career, teamwork, decision making skills, etc.